Haehwaro, Bangi-dong Seoul — assorted sashimi ₩37,000, grilled shrimp ₩42,000 | koreaplate.com
Haehwaro, Bangi-dong — lifting the lid on the shrimp, the sashimi platter, sea squirt and sea cucumber
Full note with photos, map link and the Korean name card → https://koreaplate.com/notes/2026-10-05-haehwaro-bangi/
I visited Haehwaro (해화로) in Bangi-dong, Seoul on 5 October 2026 and paid for the meal myself. I ordered assorted sashimi, grilled shrimp, sea squirt and sea cucumber; the menu-item prices recorded on this visit were ₩37,000, ₩42,000, ₩18,000 and ₩18,000. The freshness and the friendly service stood out to me. The banner at the entrance reads 해화로 수산시장 the 야장포차; it has no connection to my own restaurant, Haehwaok.
Full note with photos, map link and the Korean name card: https://koreaplate.com/notes/2026-10-05-haehwaro-bangi/
Where
Haehwaro, Bangi-dong, Seoul — visited 5 October 2026. Address from the restaurant's Naver Place listing (not from the visit): 9-12 Ogeum-ro 15-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul, 2nd floor (서울 송파구 오금로15길 9-12 2층).

What we ordered
Assorted sashimi (모듬회) ₩37,000; grilled shrimp (새우구이) ₩42,000; sea squirt (멍게) ₩18,000; sea cucumber (해삼) ₩18,000 — and a few more things I didn't itemise.

What it cost
These are the menu-item prices recorded on this visit. I didn't record the total or the cost per person.

What a restaurant owner notices
It was really tasty. Everything was fresh and the staff were friendly. It's a place people queue for.

Tip for first-timers
Try every kind of seafood they have.

The moment I remember
In my video, the shrimp sit under a glass lid in a pan over a gas flame and I lift the lid at the table; then a stone slab of sliced white fish with lemon, a long plate of sea squirt and a bowl of sea cucumber on ice. The banner at the door mentions a second-floor yajang (open-air-style seating) and a private room — that's the restaurant's own sign.
On the day (only on this blog)
In my video the shrimp arrive under a glass lid in a pan over a gas burner and I lift the lid at the table; the sliced fish comes on a stone slab with lemon, then sea squirt and a bowl of sea cucumber on ice.
Planning your visit
If you don't read Korean, open the phrase list in the full note and point. The prices above are menu-item prices recorded on 5 October 2026 and may change; I didn't record the total for the table.
Before you go: questions visitors ask
Is this the same place as Haehwaok?
No. Haehwaok is the editor's own 24-hour hot pot restaurant in Sinnonhyeon. Haehwaro is a different seafood pub in Bangi-dong that he visited and paid for himself.
koreaplate.com — restaurants in Korea, visited and written up by a Seoul restaurant owner. https://koreaplate.com/notes/2026-10-05-haehwaro-bangi/ · https://koreaplate.com

Comments
Post a Comment